Skip to main content

Have not Blogged in Awhile

I have not written an entry in a long time, because it has been hard to find time since Maya was born. She was born 02/02 and weighed 7 lbs 7 oz. She is the prettiest little girl you have ever seen with thick black hair.

We have been doing pretty good with our money, we only dipped into savings once and that was when we came home from the hospital. We may need to dip into a little bit in a couple of days with the health insurance being due but that is what it is there for. Felicia and I are looking into attending one of the local Financial Peace University Classes in our area. I am really excited about the thought of it. Following Dave Ramsey since July has allowed us to enjoy every moment with our daughter without having to worry about money to much and we wanted to see what else can happen when continue with the rest of the plan. We still have a small problem of eating out, but we are getting better each month.

Got to get back to the kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am back...hopefully.

Hey Blog, It's me again.  I have taken a long hiatus from you.  Now, I am ready to give us another shot. Why now?  The main reason and the scariest reason is that I am turning 40 this year and I still don't know what I to be when I grow up.  With that milestone approaching, I am hoping you can helm me stay motivated and encouraged to keep soul searching and figure it out before another decade goes by.  When I was turning 30, I was filled with a lot of anxiety and despair and some of those feelings are starting to creep back in now that I am looking at 40.  I know I will have some of those feelings again, but I am hoping with you that I can better manage them. A lot has happened since I tried starting this blog.  My wife and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this year.  Our two kids are now 13 and 11 years old.  We are living on our own after living with her parents and then my parents for awhile.  These are some of the good things. Some of the not so good,

Back To Square One

Wow! It has been a long time since I have posted on this blog. The last post was September 2009 and that is about the time we fell off the wagon. To make a long story short, in December 2009 my daughter had surgery and had a weeklong stay in the hospital and needed another week of attention at home. This caused added expenses and loss of pay. Instead of staying on track and rebuilding our emergency fund, we just let things fall to the side. When I was blogging about our situation, I had gazelle intensity and my hope is to start blogging again to get it back. So after two years of hiatus, we are back to square one. We need to complete the Baby Step 1 again, ($1,000 Emergency Fund).

OOPS!!!

Felicia looked at the bank account today and discovered we have not been sticking to the agreed budget. I know it was both of us. We both have been buying lunch, which is not in the budget. I think that was the big killer. We both feel really bad about it. We have been taking so many steps forward that I hate that we jumped back a little. These next two weeks we are going to try to keep a close eye on it. Knowing the problem now, we have to find a solution. For my part, I am going to ask around for ideas for easy brown bag lunches to take to work. We can't do a lot of lunch meat, because Felicia is pregnant and she can't have too much of it. I need to email mom, my aunt, and my cousin the chef to get ideas.